by Christa and Garrett Groesbeck
When it comes to steak, seeing two massive tomahawks on the smoker is a beautiful sight. Avid gardeners and hunters, Christa and Garrett Groesbeck took these big cuts of beef and put together an incredible meal with ingredients from their own garden. We will be dreaming of these for a long time to come.
Recreate these steaks at home using Mosida Market tomahawks and the Groesbeck's recipe below. You can watch the full video of them preparing the steaks here:
1. Set smoker temperature to 275 degrees.
2. Rinse and dry steaks, then drizzle with olive oil and season with Kosher salt and pepper.
3. Place steaks on smoker and cook to internal temperature of 120 degrees. Use internal meat thermometer to monitor temp.
4. Remove from smoker and let rest while bringing grill/smoker to high heat.
5. Reverse sear each side of steak then remove and cover cover with compound butter then tinfoil and let rest for 10 min.
1 stick of unsalted butter, softened
1 diced shallot
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 sprig of rosemary
Mix together and let rest while meat is cooking.
You can follow Christa and Garrett on Instagram at @fit.by.chris and @darkcreek